Monday, April 02, 2007

Household Moving: Stress Dealing

Tara Maras & Donna Kozik, authors of 29 Days to a Smooth Move: A Complete Household Moving Manual give tips and hints for getting moving across town or across the country with ease.

Q: Is there one thing you kept in mind to help see you through the stressful times? What was it and how did it help you?

Tara: Moving is stressful, no doubt. Something will go wrong, so just expect it from the beginning. No matter how much you plan, pray and prepare for a glitch-free move, it just isn’t going to happen. Anticipate at least one mini-disaster. Then, when it happens, you won’t feel so discouraged, and you can cross it off your list!

When Ron and I moved, we quit our jobs, sold our house, said goodbye to our hometown, tearfully hugged the loved ones and set out on the open road for Las Vegas, a city we’d visited once and knew only from the Travel Channel. We were temporarily jobless, homeless, friendless and had only the clothes on our backs and our most meaningful material possessions in the trunk of our Honda Civic. Yet, somehow, it was the best time of our lives!

Donna: It seemed like the more hassles (albeit minor hassles, but still hassles) I encountered, the more determined I became to make my move and start a new beginning. Moving brings momentum to your life and can lead you to all kinds of invigorating changes. The thought of a fresh start kept me sane during all the stress that led up to it.

For more information about keeping your wits about you – or knowing where you packed them – see Chapter 16: An Ocean of Emotion.

Order your e-book or softbound edition of 29 Days to a Smooth Move here.


15 Comments:

At 9:55 PM , Blogger Movingguide.net said...

Anticipation. Yes, that could lessen the stress in moving. Good blog. For more information on moving please feel free to visit www.movingguide.net.

 
At 4:51 AM , Blogger Andi said...

Now say buy buy to all stress during moving household. Thanks to moving supplies and cheap moving boxes to give us comfort.

 
At 4:25 AM , Blogger Tee Chess said...

Its true that relocation creates chaos and stress but there are measures to make shifting a fun. There are several moving companies that will help in the process.
moving company

 
At 3:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

for every man there should be a refreshment, Likewise every, mind needs a refreshment. moving to new places resets the minds ability to capture new situation Thats why it refreshes our daily activities also.

feel free to visit movers in houston for easy and stressfree move.

 
At 3:31 AM , Blogger Revon said...

Make it a good move, fast from Movers in Houston

makes a stress free move.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing, Donna! These are some great suggestions for reducing the stress of a move. My wife and I hired movers in Madison, WI to help us during our last relocation, and it was money well spent as far as I'm concerned. Having professional help, especially with our heavier possessions, was a life saver.

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I was wondering if you had any suggestions regarding moving companies?

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for all the advice. I wasn't going to but I decided to hire Niagara movers. I think it will be a lot faster and a lot less stressful come the day of the move, not having to do everything ourselves.

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this article, its been a really interesting read! I've never dealt much with vancouver movers before. There are so many exciting things about moving that don't have to be stressful. I just need to learn how to handle it. Thanks again for sharing!

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have found that organization and planning goes a long way. Find cheap moving trucks, know where to get the boxes, organize what you are bringing and throwing away.

 
At 2:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Relocating a home is actually a stressful process but if used experts for that, then this complicated process will easily be modified into a simple one. Choosing professional Moving companies shows to be an ideal option as these experts got practical knowledge, together making use of which they can make home moving, an simple and simple and easy process.

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've gained a few tips and tricks from the various times i've moved. Yes, it can be stressful sometimes, so that's why I always try to sort out the stuff I really need from the stuff that I should just give away. Make a few trips to a donation store. I also plan on renting a storage unit, If I plan on moving to a new place in the same city. That way I can keep track of my belongings easier. Hope this helps.

Ansel Marvin | http://www.arcticstorage.com

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

There's so much to move in my house! I'm going to need some help for the heavy stuff. Getting all my household furniture moved by big strong guys is what I need.
Celine | http://www.bekins.com/household-moves/services-overview/

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

There's so much to move in my house! I'm going to need some help for the heavy stuff. Getting all my household furniture moved by big strong guys is what I need.
Celine | http://www.bekins.com/household-moves/services-overview/

 
At 4:11 AM , Blogger Ahmed Shaban said...

شركة تنظيف بحائل
شركة تنظيف منازل بحائل
شركة تنظيف منازل وفلل بحائل
شركة تنظيف منازل بحائل
شركة تنظيف منازل

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home