Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Household Moving: Time & Pets

Tara Maras & Donna Kozik, authors of 29 Days to a Smooth Move: A Complete Household Moving Manual give tips and hints for getting moving across town or across the country with ease.

Q: Was there one certain problem that threw you? What was it and how did you solve it?

Tara: I totally underestimated the time it would take to pack our house.

Although we packed almost everything ahead of time, we made the huge mistake of saving some of the most complicated items for the bitter end. On Moving Day Eve, we persevered through the night and worked harder than we ever had as a team, not letting tape dispenser injuries or our charged emotions get the better of us.

Donna: Pets present their own problems, and how I was going to move my three cats across the country was a big concern. Like most pet owners, I think of Bart, Baby and That Crazy Frisbee as family members. First I worried about how I was going to get them to San Diego. (And, by the way, they are extremely well adjusted cats.) and then I worried how they would react once they got there. I probably didn’t choose the cheapest solution, but I made sure they were taken care of and arrived safe in San Diego.

Go to Chapter 20: Moving the Whole “Kitten” Kaboodle (Or Poochie Patoodle!) for more information about moving pets.

Order your e-book or softbound edition of 29 Days to a Smooth Move here.

5 Comments:

At 9:04 AM , Blogger maan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger maan said...

Our pets should also be part of the moving plan. Sometimes, they too are quite hard to adopt in a new environment so preparing them is a must in whatever and of moving service.

http://themovingtips.blogspot.com

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Joseph Hogan Wilks said...

My girlfriend and I just moved into a new apartment with our lab. She is 10 months old and was very good throughout the whole ordeal. She did bark at the people from the moving company though. That goes without sating though. Se is only 10 a puppy. Many of the other tenants have dogs too, she should do fine in our new home.

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger Angela said...

Thanks For sharing this post.Austin moving

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this article, its just what I was looking for. I have been on the hunt for some moving tips and tricks. This will be my first move in years and I'm really scared it might not go as well as I thought ti was. I thought I had all of this space to easily move out then half way through I'm out of space. I had to have the movers Madison WI help me. I ended up being able to take all of my stuff, but it was a scary for a bit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home